DC Circulator will modify service on Sunday, October 30, 2022, on the following routes to accommodate the Marine Corps Marathon. The racecourse impacts critical sections of the National Mall, Dupont Circle-Georgetown-Rosslyn, and the Georgetown – Union Station routes.
Due to street closures during the marathon, the following service changes will be in effect at the start of service on Sunday, October 30, 2022.
National Mall Route: Delayed Start of Service. Service reopens at 2:00 pm or when traffic returns to normal.
Dupont Circle-Georgetown-Rosslyn: Delayed Start of Service – Service reopens at 2:00 pm or when traffic returns to normal.
Georgetown-Union Station: Service detour will remain in effect until 2:00 pm or until traffic returns to normal.
All westbound buses headed toward Georgetown will run regular service until the Pennsylvania Ave & 22nd St. NW bus stop. The buses will continue traveling around Washington Circle and back eastbound toward Union Station.
Buses will not travel into Georgetown and will not service the following DC Circulator bus stops below:
- Pennsylvania Ave 24th St NW (E/B & W/B)
- Pennsylvania Ave 26th St NW (E/B)
- Pennsylvania Ave 28th St NW (E/B)
- M St Thomas Jefferson St NW (E/B)
- M St Wisconsin Ave NW (E/B & W/B)
- Wisconsin Ave./O St. NW (E/B & W/B)
- Wisconsin Ave./Q St NW (E/B & W/B)
- Wisconsin Ave./R St NW (E/B & W/B)
- Wisconsin Ave./34th St NW (E/B & W/B)
- Wisconsin Ave./35th St NW (E/B)
Once marathon activities have finished, the streets will reopen around 2:00 pm, and all service routes will resume regular service to all DC Circulator bus stops. Follow @dccirculator on Twitter for updates.