Due to the various road closures on the National Mall for July 4th, 2023, service on the National Mall will be suspended all day. Regular service will resume at all bus stops on Wednesday, July 5, 2023.
- Road closures for the Barracks Row July 4th Parade will impact both DC Circulator bus routes traveling on 8th Street SE on Tuesday, July 4, 2023. To accommodate the event, the route will detour temporarily to 11th Street SE starting at 9:00 am until 12:30 pm or when traffic return to normal. Instead, buses on both routes will serve temporary Metro bus stops along 11th Street between Pennsylvania Avenue & M Street SE.
The following bus stops below will not be served during the parade.
- Pennsylvania & 8th SE (EMLP)
- 8th St & E St. SE (EMLP & CHUS)
- 8th St & G St. SE (EMLP & CHUS)
- 8th St & L St. SE (EMLP & CHUS)
Riders using the Dupont Circle-Georgetown-Rosslyn route on the evening of July 4, 2023, should know that the Key Bridge may be closed due to heavy pedestrian traffic during the fireworks display; during the closure, there will be no bus service to Georgetown or Rosslyn, VA. After servicing the M St & 28th St NW bus stop, the DC Circulator service will detour, making a left on 28th St. NW and then a left onto Pennsylvania Ave. NW, returning service to Dupont Circle.
For the most up-to-date information, please sign up to receive service alerts on our website at www.dccirculator.com and follow us on Twitter at @dccirculator.